pages

 photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png  photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png  photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png  photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Book Hangover

{Via thebennetsisters.wordpress.com}

It seems to be a common trend for chick lit to take a direction towards Mr. Darcy, and I seem to be convinced I have to read them all. Of all the Austen-themed books out there that I've read, this has been my favorite. 
Katherine Roberts is a prestigious professor and keeps hidden from her colleagues her obsession for Jane Austen and a racy romance novels. One set of "trashy" chick lit novels she loves are written by an author Lorna Warwick, whom she has been exchanging fan mail with. Lorna has a secret, she's really a he, Warwick Lawton, and he has fallen in love with Katherine. Katherine is attending a Jane Austen event at Hampshire and hopes to meet Lorna, but instead keeps coming across the frustrating Warwick. 
There is also another love story line in this book. Robyn has been with the same unappreciative and unadventurous man since high school. She has been saving up for so long for her Jane Austen getaway. Once she gets to Hampshire, her boyfriend, Jace is a pest and keeps popping up and ruining her weekend. Robyn meets Dan at the at Hampshire, and she just can't seem to stop herself from thinking about him and how to get rid of Jace.
This book was funny, sweet, and flowed seamlessly while doing justice to the Jane Austen theme. I highly recommend it, especially if you Jane Austen.  


{via goodreads}

I read this book in a little under 48 hours. I was looking for a quick read that I could just breeze through because sometimes you just need that in a book, and this one fit the bill! I loved that it mostly occurred through twitter convos too.
Abby Donovan - the heroine of this story - is a writer who has been praised for writing the great american novel. Some years later...she's still working on novel number two, and she just can't seem to get past chapter five. Unknowingly, her agent sets up a twitter account for her, which is how Abby meets Mark Baynard. He is off on his own adventure to inspire himself to write his own great american novel...supposedly.
The two interact through direct messages only and connect almost immediately. Your heart leaps into your throat when he sends her a message and they banter back and forth. Oh, but the end...the end, the end, the end. I re-read three times I loved it so. I won't spoil it for you, but I will say that it brought tears to my eyes each time I read it.
Reading this book is time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...