pages

 photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png  photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png  photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png  photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

8 Years Ago...

8 years ago Cassie and I met at Belmont Abbey College.
I can't recall the first specific time we spoke, and neither can Cassie...horrible memories, we have. 
I do remember that she was in my First Year Symposium class, one which was a class of 15 women (mostly pre-elementary educators).


Cassie was involved in the theater department (such a lovely actress) and I volunteered to help as stage crew for the first Fall play. We lived in the same building a few halls down from each other. It was a small school and we were destined to meet. At some point we did-wish I remember when. Haha... We started hanging with the same friends as well.


We started a Facebook group call the SusieHomemakers, because we were convinced that there was no other fate for us than to be quickly wifed up and start popping out babies! Life has a funny way of not turning out quite as planned...although at least Cassie got the wifed up part down. :)


Throughout our four years at college, Cassie and I were suite mates, and one summer roommates. I was honored to be one of her bridesmaids on her wedding day. She was a beautiful bride.


So now today we find ourselves in the same life situation, stuck and unpleased with the career world (or lack thereof). I'm glad we both agreed to do this blog together. It has brought us closer from far away, and it has brought both of us some hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...