pages

 photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png  photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png  photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png  photo tflpagespacer_zps86d0bede.png

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

This Book Club Reads Wine Labels Too

{via sodahead.com}

I'm running out of ideas for books to review on here! I need to read some new ones!!! However, I do remember how much more wonderful I thought the book The Lovely Bones was over the movie. I am an advocate for reading a book before you see the movie. While this always proves to make me dislike the movie in comparison to the book, nothing can do justice to the details and plot lines a book holds that a movie usually cuts short. 

While this plot line reads horrible and sad, there really is some beauty and innocence in the story. Fourteen year old Susie Salmon is brutally raped and murdered by a serial killer in her neighborhood. The story follows Susie watching over her grieving family and following the police efforts to catch her killer. Susie reflects over all the things on earth she'll miss out on, and it covers how she moves on to accept the next part of her story. This is a sad but very wonderful story.

I'm all about reading a good series. In fact, I prefer to read them over stand alone books. I can't stand to lose my characters. I fall in love with them and their stories & then I just want to read more and more about them!

{via fun substance}

So, for this week, I'm picking a trilogy that is heart wrenching but full of love and hope.
It's written by Lauren Oliver and called the Delirium series.

 {via the examiner}

This series is set in a dystopian world where love is a disease. Can you imagine living in a world where love is considered evil and you have a procedure on your 18th birthday as a cure for it? It's an interesting world that will make you feel more than you ever thought you could from reading a simple book. If you don't believe me, watch this video.




Now, go read the books and thank me later. Also, a good theme song for these books is "Both of Us" by B.O.B. featuring Taylor Swift. Grab some tissues though because it'll make you cry at the end of book one if you're listening to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...